Dietary Aide at Maple Manor Christian Home
The Hospitality Team is responsible for every aspect of meal preparation, snack distribution and having all supplements ready for our residents.
Cooking, prepping, cleaning, sanitizing are all duties performed by hospitality staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assures that food storage and preparation procedures are observed as specified in department policy and regulatory standards.
- Reports pertinent information to the Hospitality Manager.
- Prepares foods according to the menus and recipes.
- Assures that food needing preparations are ready as scheduled.
- Assures that all items prepared were done using the proper weights and measures and, cooking methods.
- Checks and records temperatures of the food prior to meal service.
- Reports supply needs to the Hospitality Manager.
- Assists in checking supplies and food.
- Reports improperly functioning equipment to the Hospitality Manager.
- Handles resident’s dietary requests and reports.
- Checks and records room and equipment temperatures.
- Ability to read and write: To follow both written and oral instructions.
- The ability to observe Individual needs.
- Good housekeeping and sanitary techniques.
- The ability to serve residents with both kindness and patience.
- High school education or equivalent preferred but not absolutely necessary.
- Good physical condition, emotional maturity.
- Family obligation must not be a hindrance to stability of service.